If you like tea loves this loaf recipe is something you should definitely try. The carrot and almonds give it flavour and a nice crunch and the strawberries give it the right kind of tartiness it requires, so it isn’t too sweet. It is a perfect Valentine’s Day recipe!
100 gm rice flour
50 gm sorghum flour
50 gm corn starch
1 tsp xanthan gum*
3/4 cup brown sugar
140 gm butter **
2 carrots grated
10 almonds chopped***
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 eggs or flax egg or commercial vegan egg replacer
1/4 cup milk + 1 tbsp milk or non diary milk
100 gm strawberry
- Grease a loaf pan and pre heat oven to 175 deg celcius
- Beat the flours and all ingredients except the strawberry and icing sugar for 2 minutes or till the mixture is incorporated well.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and let it bake for 40 – 50 minutes depending on your oven temperature. Take the loaf out when it is golden brown or when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
- Let the loaf cool completely. Meanwhile, take the strawberries and blitz them in the blender. Add the juiced strawberries to sieved icing sugar and drizzle over the loaf.
- Decorate with strawberries and nuts
*You can use guar gum or equal amount of flax or chia. Ideally it would be better made without any substitutions. lf you have a good gluten free flour you could use that for the equal quantity of flours and starch mentioned. Make sure to check if it has xanthan gum, if it has then you skip xanthum gum.
**You can use non dairy butter
*** you can use sunflower seeds too