Gluten Free Mini Cheese Buns
1 cup Milk or Water
½ cup Butter
2 cups corn starch or potato starch or tapioca starch
1 cup cheddar cheese
* to make it vegan or lactose free. Substitute any vegan butter or oils may work as well.
eggs can be replaced by egg replacer by orgran or substitute 1 tablespoon tapioca or potato starch plus 3 tablespoons water for each egg called for in recipe to help binding.
* amul and milky mist cheese is gluten free – use as per your preferences
* to make it have some more flavour add some dried herbs or chili flakes or any spice you would like. I put a little oregano and mixed herbs . The cheese will take care of the salt part.
1. Bring Milk and Butter to Boil.
2. Take it away from the Heat.
3. With the help of an electric mixer beat in the 2 cups of starch
4. Set it aside to cool
5. Then add in 2 eggs and mix it well.
6. Go on till you get a little soggy dough ball
7. With moist hands roll into balls
8. Either place it on parchment/butter paper or use a muffin pan and put into the slots or you can also use liners.
9. Place it in a pre heated oven. Pre Heat it around 220-200
10. Bake it for 20 – 25 or till the tops are goldenish brown. Temperature – 180-190 degrees.
And yep a quick snack for those lazy Friday evenings or a treat for everyone on the weekend! Happy Foodie Friday:)