Products and Ingredients – Gluten Full & Gluten Free
Products and Ingredients which have Gluten –
3. Baking cornflour
8. Oats – controversial however cross contamination thus I would advise GF people to stay away.
Condiments – Pickles with Asafoteida – the Only Gluten Free one I have found is Priya’s.
Baking Powder because it just mentions Starch and nothing else. If you want to get Gluten Free Baking powder check the recipe on http://www.facebook.com/GFIndia
9. Foods which are stored in wheat starch, cereal binder or rusk and bread crumbs
10. Foods with Malt extract – some syrup’s and corn flakes, cereals
11. Anything coated with Bread crumbs, cornflour or maida
12. Play dough – Fisher and Price brand has it so for children with GF mom’s watch out
13. Hing – Asafoteida : Maida is the culprit, it has maida in it thus be careful not to have too much of sambar if eating out or stick to chutney’s .
Gluten Free Ingredients –
2. Ragi – Milet, Finger and Pearl, Jowar and Bajra
9. Tapioca and Potato starches
10. Xanthum gum – for binding in cakes and other bakes
11. Guar gum – again for binding
12. Potato Flour
13. Almond Flour
Products Available in Bangalore – Will keep updating this
- Sorbet , Indiranagar and Whitefield
- All orgran pasta – spirals, spaghetti , penne’s …everything you can think of!
- Orgran – Rice crumbs, egg replacer, Vanilla and Chocolate cake mix, Self Raising Flour and Bread Mix.
- California chips and Kettle – Gluten free
- Lot’s of Thai rice products, gluten free sauces
- Cereal – of the Post Brand , Orgran – choc O’s and other organic muesli’s
- M K retail Indiranagar both the shops on CMH
- Orgran’s products from cookies to cake mixes, pasta’s, rice noodles, egg replacer if it is available ; if not found go there speak to the manager.
- Spar – Gluten free sometimes Cornflakes and cookies- Nourish Organics
- Pristine Organics – Organic cornflakes is gluten free i confirmed it with them
- Godrej’s Nature Basket – Gluten free atta, maida, daliya , soy egg replacer, pasta’s , noodles,
Sauces, chocolate, cereal, cookies, biscuits, chips, crisps.
- Brown Tree – Gluten free sweets and sometimes cornflakes too
- Or go online and shop at www.health-shoppe.com, www.foodbury.com , www.wheafree.com , http://www.gourmetco.in , http://www.foodforethought.in – for pasta .